Zoo After Dark: Relationship Karaoke
- Belt out your favorite songs at Relationship Karaoke! But as an audience member, you’re still involved! Music influences us in many different ways. Just like food and the care we take in ensuring that we have all the nutrients we need to give us energy and brain power, music can play a similar role! Thus, it’s important to evaluate our consumption of music and the messages the songs are sending. Join SPEAK and OSA for a round of Relationship Karaoke.
- Saturday, October 8th, 9 p.m.
- Hicks Banquet Hall
Zoo Flicks: Love and Basketball
- Join OSA and the Office of Sexual Violence Prevention for a viewing and discussion of Love and Basketball! Grab some popcorn and settle in!
- Friday, October 14th. Movie starts at 9:30 p.m.!
- Dewing 103
Day of Purple Vigil
- YWCA Mission Impact invites you to join us at Kalamazoo College’s Arcus Center from 6-8pm to commemorate those in our community affected by domestic violence. We hope you will wear purple in solidarity. Appetizers will be served at the event.
- Thursday, October 20th, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Arcus Center
Community Reflection: Intimate Partner Violence Awareness
- October is Intimate Partner Violence Awareness Month. We will remember those in our community who face daily violence as well as the history of K’s own struggle to become a place free of violence.
- Friday, October 21st, 11:05 a.m.
- Stetson Chapel
- Sponsored by Office of Religious and Spiritual Life
Our primary awareness months include January, April, and October.
- January is Stalking Awareness Month.
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
- October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
If recordings from prior events, please request materials from Haley Mangette, firstname.lastname@example.org.