Survivor Story Writing Workshop
- A safe, supportive space for victims of gender-based violence to write their stories of healing, recovery, and survivorship.
- Thursday, April 6th, 4:15 p.m.
- CCE Community Room (Dewing)
Wellness Wednesday: Cookies and Consent
- Wednesday, April 12th, 4:00 p.m.
- Lower Atrium
- Join OSA and SVPA for Cookies, Italian Sodas, and take a picture with some consent themed props! Find materials in the lower atrium to create a message of support for victim-survivors of sexual assault.
Anti-Victim Blaming Workshop
- Sunday, April 16th, 6:00 p.m.
- Hicks Banquet Hall
- Join us in front of Hicks to speak with individuals from YWCA, Planned Parenthood, Cares Sexual Wellness Services, and SPEAK, and pick up resources on Victim Services and Title IX.
- Wednesday, April 26th 4:15 to 6:00 p.m.
Take Back the Night Speak Out
- A Speak out, hosted on Denim Day (Wednesday, April 26), is an annual event with the mission of ending sexual, relationship, and domestic violence in all forms. The Speak out allows victims and survivors of gender-based violence and intimate-partner violence to share their stories and/or pieces of writing or art to empower themselves and raise awareness of the issue in a supportive, “off-the-record” space.
- Wednesday April 26th 7 to 9 p.m.
- Lower Quad
Tuning in: Meditation with the 5 senses
- Join Outdoor Programs and the Sexual Assault Awareness Month committee for a night of meditation (and potential stargazing) in the Lower Quad! Blankets, mats, lanterns, and hot drinks will be available.
- Sunset (To be announced closer to the event)
- Lower Quad
Our primary awareness months include January, April, and October.
- January is Stalking Awareness Month.
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
- October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
If recordings from prior events, please request materials from Haley Mangette, email@example.com.